Monday, February 27, 2012

The 2012 Oscars

Every since I was a small child, I have always loved watching this event. Much like the Miss America pageant, for me it was all about how the stars looked. What would they wear, would their hair be up or down or perhaps some way I had never seen before, something new to see and perhaps try myself. I loved seeing how the make-up and jewelry would accent their overall look. This year Some favorite looks: Emma Stone looked like a movie star (think Grace Kelly) with a striking red gown and perfectly coiffured hairstyle.
Michelle Williams looked effortless, yet sophisticated in this demure pixie:
Another stunning look with a beautiful the contrast of green on her golden skin tones, was Viola Davis:
My Favorite look of the evening was the Gold trend. The Oscars remind me of something to look forward to while growing up, the ultimate dress-up event. I think my very favorites where Meryl Streep and Stacy Kiebler. They both looked exquisite. How classy of Meryl to acknowledge her hairdresser and make-up artist.
Now for nitpicks: Gwyneth Paltrow, she looked divine, I would say one of the best dressed of the entire evening, until she turned around and had a bare ponytail!! I mean come on, how can something so obvious be overlooked.
For me the worst look for the Academy Awards had to be Jennifer Lopez, It looked like a tightly pulled ponytail, into a bun on the top of her head. In my opinion it was not flattering. I mean wasn't she voted by people the most beautiful women in the world last year? She is gorgeous, but the hairstyle wasn't.
All in all I enjoyed watching and thinking about how much I enjoyed a look or how I would change it to make it better, at least better in my head :)

No comments:

Post a Comment